Fasade is an innovative, fast-growing Tech Startup based in Sydney, Australia who is helping Australia meet the Paris Climate Agreement emissions in a unique way. The internet and cloud computing currently pollutes twice as much as all of the planes around the world combined. In an industry with a compounded growth rate at 40%, we are ensuring that this is technology adoption is done in a sustainable, and environmentally-responsible manner.
Our team is changing this, we launched an online platform two years ago, it centralised and unifies many cloud services of new cloud adopters and provides a simple way to manage avalanches of data stored across dispersed systems!
Thanks to this rapid growth, we are now building new technological solutions that cater to the entire data lifecycle through an improved Cross-Platform Cloud Data Management solution. It will utilise the latest serverless architecture and technologies to help Fasade become the global leader in digital sustainability and scale our impact.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Senior Back end Developer to join our team. In this role, you must be passionate about innovation and have a creative mind in the execution of Back end Development. You will be a key member of the team, helping plan, build, launch and maintain the launch of our platform.
You will be involved in all areas of Back end development and infrastructure, from our Cross-Platform Cloud Data Management solution which includes API integrations, adheres to PCI DSS data compliance, internal communication, and more. This role is suited to individuals who are willing to grow alongside the company and seek to become a leader in our expanding development team. The projects worked on will be agile and constantly evolving, driven by building the best possible user journey and experience.
- Work at the exciting, community-driven UTS Startups HQ in Ultimo, surrounded by Cafes, Public Transport, Shops, and a Tech Hub (When NSW Covid regulations allow)
- Ability to work remotely 2-3 days per week
- Meet fellow Startup founders, employees, mentors and establish invaluable connections
- Develop your skills at an innovation-driven company and thrive in a Tech Startup culture
- Enjoy the freedom to be creative and allow your strengths and skills to shine
- Competitive salary and internal promotion opportunities
- Be at the forefront of digitally revolutionising an entire industry
- Flat hierarchy - lean structure means your voice and ideas will always be heard
- Learn and be supported by friendly, proficient colleagues with diverse expertise
- Work with the latest technologies - AWS, Node / Express, Serverless, Testing & Automation
- Back end Development of Cross-Platform Cloud Data Management solution
- Be a cornerstone in our small development team and play a key part in developing our core application
- Coaching, Leadership, and sharing knowledge with Junior Developers and the broader team
- Coding, testing and deploying a range of applications across multiple platforms from conception to final product
- Planning and implementing future improvements/expansions of Site/App features
- Node / Express Serverless Framework
- Project Management using Atlassian Suite
- Participate in developing a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our Serverless systems.
- 3+ years experience in Back end Development
- Node and Express
- HTML, CSS
- Mobile & Web Applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and serverless architecture
- Version Control and Git Repository
- Strong emphasis on automated testing and frameworks (Jest, Enzyme, Mocha and Chai)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely in a team environment
- Creativity and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication and good team-work spirit
- Familiarity with agile project management methodologies
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, self-motivated, agile
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to demonstrate their abilities
- Immediate start preferred.
- Examples of previous work or portfolio examples in CV preferred